For many people, having to move can become a stressful task.
Scatman Moving and Delivery can handle all of your packing needs for you. If you decide to do your own packing, here are a few suggestions to assist you along the way.
- Pack one room at a time
- Label each carton with its destination (what room it will go into) before you seal it.
- Make sure you have enough wardrobe boxes for your hanger clothes.
- Pack what you need least first. For example, if you move in the fall, pack your summer clothing first.
- Pack heavy items in small boxes, and towels in medium sized boxes.
- Try to keep the weight of the boxes under 50 lbs.
- Mark all boxes designating room and box number.
- Create a log to show the number of boxes packed per room and the number of cartons packed. This will make it easy to access any lost boxes.
- Start packing way ahead of the move.
- Pack a few boxes daily to make moving day a little less stressful.
- Be sure to have plenty of packing material available such as: bubble wrap, newspaper, tissue and tape.
- Be sure that the bottoms of all your cartons are taped securely and will hold the weight of the contents.
- Packing tape or gummed tape is far better than masking tape.
- Pack heavier items toward the bottom of the box and lighter items on the top.
- If you don't need it..don't pack it, Donate...Donate...Donate!
Scatman Moving & Delivery, LLC
Telephone: (404) 755-4723